Learn Spanish on the Go: FAQ
- How do I get the most from my premium podcasts?
- After purchasing your premium podcasts, you can download them via iTunes or another RSS Feed Reader. If you purchased our Advanced Beginner or Intermediate Premium podcasts, please see our Members Getting Started Guide. If you purchased a subscription of premium podcasts, please see our Subscribers Getting Started Guide.
If you purchased only the PDF files for the subscription period, then you will see a list of the PDF files included in your subscription when you log into the Edufone Store and select "Members Area" and then "PDF Files" from the Edufone Menu.
If you have any questions, please fill our the feedback form and we will reply quickly.
If you have suggestions for premium content, please email your suggestions to us or fill out the feedback form
- If you authorize your computer to play your iTunes Store purchases, but you can't play them and iTunes keeps prompting you to authorize, try the sugge
There are a number of solutions listed on this webpage; You may have to try several of them in order to fix the problem on your computer.
Let us know if this doesn't work for you. You can also use a different rss feed reader to download the podcasts if you need to.
- How can you help me learn Spanish?
- We use technology to help you learn when you want, where you want. We have 3 great ways to help you learn Spanish.
- You can download our free weekly podcasts to learn more vocabulary every week. Some of the text from the later podcasts is available on our podcasts page.
- You can enhance your learning by signing up for an affordable subscription.
- You can buy a fun cell phone game so you can practice your vocabulary on your cell phone. You can try a demo program by navigating to wap.edufone.com from your cell phone (note the WAP instead of WWW in the URL).
- How do I download the PDF files in my podcast purchase?
- If you've purchased a podcast package that includes podcasts and PDF files, then the PDF files are included in the RSS feed. To download the PDF files, you can either double-click on each PDF file from iTunes or you can copy the URL of the RSS feed to the Firefox browser and click on each PDF file to open it. You will need to have Adobe Reader installed to open your PDF files. See our How To Download PDF Files Document for more information.
If you've only purchased PDF files, then select Members Area then My Subscription from the Edufone menu.
- I'd like to download my podcasts and pdf files from a web browser
- If you still can't download your podcasts via iTunes, it's easy to download the pdf and audio files from the Mozilla/Firefox browser. Enter the Edufone URL for your purchased podcasts into the browser and emter your email and password at the prompt. Right click on each file and choose Save as to save the file on your computer.
Note that your email and password is case-sensitive so enter it into iTunes or the browser the same exact way that you enter it into the login prompts at the Edufone store.
- I upgraded my version of iTunes and now I can't access my subscription
- Try to unsubscribe to the podcast in iTunes (don't delete your files from your computer) and then resubscribe to the subscriber's podcast. If that doesn't work, all of your files are available via the RSS feed.
Copy and paste the URL of the subscriber's feed into your browser and then enter your email address and password that you use at the Edufone store. Via the browser, you can click on each file link and then save the file to your computer.
- How do I purchase the PDF files?
- The PDF files from the current subscription period are available at our store.
The PDF files from podcasts before the current subscription period are included in podcast packages available at our store. For example, we sell podcasts by level and by category.
- Do you have the dialogs only in Spanish?
- Yes, they are available to < a href="http://www.edufone.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=234" target="_blank">subscribers. In addition, they are included in all of the podcast packages that we sell. For example, we sell podcasts by level and by category.
- Why are free podcasts missing?
- The cost of housing a large number of large audio files is high so we had to reduce the number of free podcasts that can be downloaded.
- What happened to the application that I downloaded?
- Depending on your phone, it's either stored in your phones applications or games folder.
- Why are the words in Spanish prefixed with "el" or "la" but the words in English aren't prefixed with "the"?
- In Spanish, nouns are either masculine or feminine; thus, it's important to learn the gender of the noun. However, in English nouns don't have a gender; thus all of the nouncs would be prefaced with "the". Adding "the" in front of each noun takes up more memory and requires users to type in more letters when playing the games.
- What is your refund policy?
- We believe in 100% customer satisfaction. If our application is not working on your device or if you are not satisfied with it, you may request a refund within 15 days of the date you downloaded the software by emailing us and stating the reason you would like a refund.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Since fulfillment is immediate (you download the software as soon as you pay), there are no cancellations.
- Edufone is sensitive to the issues of electronic privacy. Any information that you enter here will not be sold, passed along or viewed by any third parties.
Book Recommendations / Libros Que Recomendamos
Escuche y Hable ¿Es Usted uno de los miles de personas que han pasado años estudiando el inglés y todavía tiene problemas cuando trata comunicarse con norteamericanos? Finalmente, hay sistema que puede ayudar a las personas que hablan español a entender los pasos y distinguir los sonidos que componen las palabras al conversar e identificar los sonidos al escuchar. ¡Recomendado ampliamente!
Los resultados de este entrenamiento acelerarán el proceso entero en la adquisición del nuevo idioma independientemente del nivel de inglés en el que se encuentre.
The Bilingual Edge: Why, When, and How to Teach Your Child a Second Language Excellent suggestions for raising bilingual children. Highly recommended!
Correct Your Spanish Blunders: How to Avoid 99% of the Common Mistakes Made by Learners of Spanish Highly recommended!
English Grammar for Students of Spanish: The Study Guide for Those Learning Spanish (Fifth Edition) Highly recommended!
Speaking Spanish Like a Native Highly recommended! The author also has a good sense of humor.
Spanish Grammar for Independent Learners Highly recommended! Excellent explanations!
NTC's Dictionary of Common Mistakes in Spanish A good reference book. Not as easy to read as the previous 3 books.
501 Spanish Verbs: with CD-ROM (Barron's Foreign Language Guides) Very useful reference!
Inglés para latinos: nivel dos